If you love The Amazing Race, well then get ready for something even better if you are a dog lover.
The Pack is an unscripted Amazon series that features a journey around the globe with 12 teams made up of a dog and their human. Each team is given a series of exciting adventures to complete over several countries leaving viewers with a whole lot of excitement – and laughs along the way.
The show will be hosted by fellow animal lover Lindsey Vonn, a world famous America skier and her pooch Lucy.
The series features 10 episodes that will take you to places like the canals of Venice and to the slopes of Switzerland. The dogs – and their humans will be tested on a variety of skills from tracking to fetching and will be doing activities like white water rafting, playing sports and so much more.
The Official Trailer For The Pack
The bright spot for me as an animal rescue advocate is the $250,000 that will be donated to an animal charity that the winning team chooses. There was also $250,00 donated during filming of the series to various charities as well – so this series is doing a lot of good for those that need it the most.
The winning team will also receive a $500,000 prize!
The Pack Release Date
“The Pack” will be available on Amazon Prime beginning November 20. 2020 – you can view the trailers now though – so head on over and see what is in store for these 12 teams.
The Pack Weekend Fun Runs From 11/20-11/22
Amazon Prime Video is hosting a weekend of fun surrounding the launch of the show as well – which will include events and promotions you can take part in.
The fun begins on November 20, 2020 and will end on November 22, 2020.
These 3 days will include activities, giveaways, discounts and more from businesses in various cities across the country.
Below are a few examples of what you can look forward to.
- Seecaas shoes will donate to Best Friends Animal Society over Packed Weekend to help save homeless pets in America’s shelters.
- Rex Specs will be giving away doggie goggles.
- Learn how you can win a FREE YEAR of Camp services at one of Camp Bow Wow’s 180+ locations.
- Rocco & Roxie will host a giveaway on social media over Packed Weekend where 5 winners will receive a gift pack of pet stain & odor cleaning products.
- There are many more great things happening and you can view them all at Packed Weekend.
There will also be a Pack Walk Challenge where you can sign up and be a part of a global dog walk that will benefit either the Environmental Defense Fund, American Heart Association and Best Friends Animal Society. Prizes will also be a part of this event!
The Pack Teams
When I took a look at some of the teams that were participating, I have to admit I was a little surprised. I guess I expected a lot of strong muscular breeds known for their athleticism. But what I found was the diversity of breeds is amazing!
Below are the teams so you can see the breeds – but you can learn more about each team on The Pack Amazon page.
- Snow (Standard Poodle) & Josh
- Jax (Golden Retriever) & Vania
- Chance (Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher Mix) & Linh
- Derby (Goldendoodle) & Kentucky
- Bozley (Border Collie/St. Bernard Mix) & Mitra
- Kepo (Texas Blue Lucy) & Chisum
- Allister (Wired Hair Rat Terrier) & Daniel
- Charlie (Schnoodle) & Donna
- Gryffin (Australian Shepherd) & Chelsey
- Ace (Border Collie) & Mark
- Dixie (Bluetick Coonhound) & Brian
- Duchess (Black Lab) & Lucy
What I truly love the most about this series is the beauty of the relationships these owners have with their dogs. These dogs are happy and healthy and seem to be enjoying every minute of the experiences they are having with their owners based on the trailers.
Oh – and if you are worried about the safety of the dogs – no need, the covered that too by making sure veterinarians were always on hand in case of injury!
I cannot wait to see the series!
So, will you be checking out The Pack when it comes out?