OK, litter box and beautiful are two things you may not think go together, but after checking out this Tuft+Paw litter box – you may agree with us!
There is no shortage of litter boxes out there that is for sure – but with so many being not particularly pretty it is nice to see a company focus on the design of the litter box as much as the functionality.
Tuft and Paw is a brand that is already known for their modern cat furniture, but they knocked it out of the park with their Cove cat litter box. Cove is currently on Kickstarter and has already met their goals for the campaign so this product should be available soon, but for now you can be one of the first to get one by supporting the campaign.
The litter box comes with everything you need to keep your litter box area clean too which we love! Below is everything you get – the litter box, scoop and even a small brush and pan. The scoop and brush are stored in perfectly sized slots in the side of the litter box for easy access!
Right now I have a plastic litter box – a scoop that sits on a plastic bag on the side of the toilet and a brush/pan that stores under my sink. Not sure why I never thought to create something like this – but it is a brilliant idea!
The box is made from recycled plastic and there was a large focus placed on the ease of cleaning. Tuft +Paw Cove litter box features include:
- No nooks or crannies that collect odors and germs
- Scoop perfectly matches the box shape to ensure easy and accurate scooping (ever try to scoop a round corner with a square scoop – yep, doesn’t work!)
- Box is 100% toxin free
- Tool storage bins are removable for easy cleaning
- Box works with all clumping litters
- A handle in the base makes for easy moving and carrying
- Silicone base prevents sliding
- Measures 22″ long x 15″ wide x 6″ high
- Size of the box may be too small for very large cats (20 pounds +)
While this box is recommended for cats under 20 pounds, if they do raise $250K+ in their Kickstarter they will also add a large cat version into their production.
The company really prides themselves on being environmentally friendly – which of course you have to love! If you order through their Kickstarter you ca help them unleash some additional designs and options including color options and even their Dark Cove option made with recycled ocean plastics which is gorgeous!
Their environmental impact includes:
- The long-lasting design of the Cove means this will be the only litter box you will need!
- Every litter box is made from recycled plastics – meaning no new garbage.
- They participate in a carbon offset program – so 100% of the emissions they cause, they replace by planting trees.
- They have partnered with over 50 shelters in the US – if a shelter needs to get rid of litter boxes, instead of throwing them out Tuft+Paw will pay to have it shipped to a shelter that needs them.
Partner Shelter Program
We also love that they give back! If you are a rescue or shelter you can become a partner and receive 12% of any sales you refer.
They also have a donate a bed program where customers can purchase a bed at a 50% discount if they are donating it to shelter.