Over and over again we hear that pit bulls are such a horrible breed – and we have to agree! I mean look at these mean pitties I was in contact with at a recent pit bull awareness campaign I did. Horrible creatures right?
But not for the reasons you think.
As a pittie lover, owner and advocate – I admit that the breed is not for everyone.
They have some qualities that not every family is really going to embrace, so let’s cover those below!
10. They will steal your spot on the couch the minute you get up.
9. They have no idea what personal space is!
8. Their zoomies will leave rings in your yard and prevent grass from growing – but the entertainment factor is off the charts.
7. They will lick your visitors – and by lick we mean bathe.
6. The bits from their bones will poke holes in your feet when you walk across the floor.
5. They will make you feel horrible for not walking them with their big sad puppy eyes.
4. They will look at you like you committed a crime against them if you don’t let them lick your ice cream bowl or have your cookie.
3. They will cause wide spread happiness in large group settings because of their big smiles that only pitties can give.
2. They will crack you up by shaking their butts so hard you think they are going to snap in half.
1. They will steal your heart like a thief in the night, showing you complete and pure love that only a Pit Bull can show.
And that my friends – is the real pit bull.
When Pit Bulls Attack!
Yeah yeah yeah – we know pit bulls are mean and aggressive and what about all the reported bites?
Well, all dogs bite – and pit bulls have a detriment because so many adopt or buy them for not so great reasons.
So what should people really be afraid of – pit bulls or their owners? This video is a funny look at a pit bull parent! Guaranteed to make you laugh. This is a great example of creative marketing that garners attention and makes an impact – all while being entertaining.
Yes, they are strong – but a healthy happy pittie typically knows their boundaries and are not inherently mean.
But we will talk about this in another post!
If you know or own a pit bull – we know you can relate to this list!